Friday, August 17, 2012

A Worthy Cause

A friend of mine is participating in a charity event called Extra Life, which benefits children's hospitals around the country, and I would like to share his request for support.  You can read his story, in his own words, here.  The tl/dr would probably read:  "Newborn son had open heart surgery on Christmas Eve at 4 days old.  Baby now thriving, in large part due to amazing people at Akron Children's Hospital.  Dad now wants to give back a little."  But seriously, click that link and read his heartwrenching post, and then click through the link at the end of it to donate a little bit to support this very worthy cause.  Or if you like, just click here to go straight there and donate.

I wrote about my experience at Akron Children's Hospital last year, and I can attest to the amazing individuals who work there, providing the highest level of care.  I will always have a soft spot in my heart for that place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!