Friday, July 22, 2011

Announcing the decision



Just curious - how many of you out there have had this same conversation? This is sort of an idealized reenactment/compilation of conversations I've had with my mother-in-law (Disclaimer: I adore her. She just doesn't get the homeschooling thing... yet.) Well, except I wasn't this articulate in expressing myself in my conversations with her because I tend to get a little flustered when I really want to say something just right.

PS. This post was totally inspired by Free Homeschooling 101's Facebook page, where she posted a bunch of these xtranormal videos. I thought it would be fun to play around with and it really was!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent! Thank you for making this! :o) Oh man. I've had this conversation SO many times. You have explained this much better than I articulate it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video & message, love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this video! I have had several similar conversations with our family members. You have definitely hit the nail on the head. Our kids are 6 and 3, so when people ask me "What makes you think you are qualified to teach?" I typically respond, "Well, I taught them their shapes and colors when they were two and have been teaching them various things ever since. I'm pretty sure I can handle 1st grade level subjects and if I come across a problem I can't answer there are always books and the internet to help." (laughing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! I have had this conversation myself with various family members...it sucks every time. I hope that they come around too, in the future but it still doesn't make my life any easier right now. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once they all see how far advanced your children are, that will end all the skeptics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, had a conversation similar to this 2 and a half years ago. And now that our kids are doing great, learning a lot, and having fun, nobody argues anymore! You just have to give it time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say: if public school did such a great job with me, then I'm a well-trained individual who can pass along what I have learned.

    Really--I'm just a book freak who never wanted to stop learning and wishes college could be free.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!