Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hiking Highlights - Silver Creek

Silver Creek MetroPark, Norton, Ohio  10/25/2011
This park is the one we visit most often.  Usually we do the shorter trail (1.1 miles), but the trail listed for the hiking spree is the longer one (2 miles).  It was the boys' first time on this trail and I wasn't sure if it would be a little too much for them (or for me, with Bug on my back part of the way) but we all did great.  I hadn't been on this trail in years and I had forgotten how much I love it.  It alternates between winding through forests full of tall, old trees to winding through wide open fields with great views.  Part of the trail runs along the base of a dam but we left the trail and climbed up to the top to take in the view from the observation deck.


Chippewa Trail marker

Bug walked about half of this trail before getting in the backpack carrier.  Here he is taking off at full speed.

None of these pictures do the leaves justice, but they were breathtaking.



One of my favorite spots on the trail - actually it's just a little ways off the main trail.  This little pond feels like a secret, hidden place to me.




Monkeyman likes to pose on every rock and tree stump we come across.  This is one of my favorite pics of him, ever!
Little boy in a big field

Monkeyman took this pic of us on the observation deck of the dam.

And here he is, in full spider-boy mode.

I'm really not that big of a self-portrait taker, honest - just trying to document the excursion and this is the only way to get shots of Bug when he's on my back.  Not trying to be like all of those narcissistic teens who seem to be everywhere these days.  (If I was, the shot would be a reflection in a bathroom mirror with a toilet in the background.  Those shots are always *so* classy.  But I digress.)  I do LOVE this pic of us, though!

View from the dam.  Bug yelled, "HI GEESE!" and waved.

Monkeyman tracing the letters in the sign


Pretty colors

...still more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!