Friday, September 9, 2011

African Safari Wildlife Park, Port Clinton, OH

This week, we had a mini family vacation. I will write about the "Not Back To School" homeschoolers gathering at the Kalahari Water Park & Resort when I get my pictures back - I got a disposable waterproof camera so I have to go old school and wait for them to be developed. But, while we were up there we stopped by the African Safari Wildlife Park, where you drive through and can feed the animals as they come up to your car. Some are in enclosures, but there are many that run around loose and approach your vehicle freely - and they are not shy! They will stick their heads right in and investigate to see if you have food. It was pretty fun, but I don't think it would have been worth the nearly 2-hour drive just to see it alone. It was smaller and not quite as nice as I expected. The kids really enjoyed seeing the animals up close though - well, at least Bug did, as you'll see below. Monkeyman was a bit nervous about it, and when the first animal stuck its head in, he said, "Oh this is not good." (You can click on the images to see them larger.)









I have kind of a thing for giraffes - I must say they were my favorite. They are so beautiful and graceful and unusual.









And here is Bug's reaction to the animals. He was giggling and yelling "MOO!" at every animal that approached our car, the whole way through the park.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is getting up close and personal with your learning! Looks fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!