Friday, April 29, 2011

Story for Max

When I was pregnant with Emmett, I made up a story that I told to Max every night at bedtime. He loved this story and would often ask me to tell it again and again. I really think this simple little story had a big part in how amazingly well Max transitioned into becoming a big brother. I was telling a family friend about this story recently, and she asked me if I had ever written it down. No, I hadn't, but -duh- what a great idea! One day I'd like to create an actual little storybook to go with it. So, here it is, for posterity:

Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Max. He was such a sweet and wonderful little boy, and his parents enjoyed having him around so much, that they decided to have another little boy to come live with them and be part of their family. Finally, after lots of waiting, it was time for the baby to come home. He was SO tiny! He needed lots and lots of attention from Mommy and Daddy. He cried a lot, and had to be fed a lot, and have his diaper changed a lot. And Max had to be very quiet whenever he was sleeping. It took a long time, but eventually the baby grew into a little boy. Max helped to teach him lots of things, like how to walk, how to talk, how to eat big boy food... stuff like that. And those two boys played together every day and were best friends, forever and ever.

The end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!