Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hey! Someone Nominated Me for a Blog Award! Then Someone Else Gave Me An Award Too!


It has just been brought to my attention that I was nominated for a Homeschool Misfit Blog Award. I have no idea who nominated me, but whoever you are - THANK YOU! I've never been nominated for anything before and you totally made my day! If anyone would like to vote for my blog, you can do so here. It's in category #5:
"The Blabber Blog Award- "MOM, you put THAT photo/story on your blog?" This one's for the blogger who isn't afraid to embarrass her family for the sake of blog fodder."
The link will take you to the listing page and you can check out all of the nominees. I'm looking forward to being up waaaay past my bedtime tonight reading all of them! BTW, if you find one you like better, I swear my feelings will not be hurt if you don't vote for me. I'm just psyched that I get to put the snazzy "nominee" button on my sidebar! Oh yeah - voting is open until Nov. 3, 2011. Thanks again, kind person who nominated me!


WHOA! As I was about to post the above, I was informed by the fabulous MamaTea of The Hmm...schooling Mom that she has given me an award also!


The rules for this award are:

  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link back up with them.
  • Tell Readers 7 things about yourself.
  • Pass this award onto 15 newly discovered bloggers and let them know.

Thank you MamaTea!

7 things about me:

1. I am the only girl I have met (so far) who loves math.
2. I love taking long aimless drives, getting myself lost, and finding my way back home. It's amazing how many places there are really close to home that you've never seen before.
3. I also love driving through cemeteries. I'm fascinated by the artwork and sculptures on gravestones, and always wonder about the lives of people who lived and died long before me.
4. I love every kind of music except Country. (sorry Country music lovers!)
5. I have never ever smoked pot or done any kind of drug. I find that this puts me in a very small minority.
6. I have a fairly huge telescope that my stepdad & I built from plans we got on the internet. (Hmm, I should do a post about that one of these days!)
7. I've always wanted to travel overseas... to be someplace very far from home and totally foreign to me. I'd especially love to see Italy. My ultimate dream vacation, however, would be a cruise to Alaska, watching the Northern Lights.

And here are 15 delicious blogs (some more newly discovered than others) for you to devour. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be homeschooling blogs; most of these are, but a few are just general parenting blogs and still totally worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!