Saturday, January 17, 2015

On Secular Parenting

I've seen this article going around, and I am so tempted to re-share it on Facebook.  But since I am still semi- in the closet regarding my heathen status there, and this is my space to say and share whatever I want... it's going here.  It's a great article about a study on how secular family values compare to those in religious families.  Maybe I will yet get up the nerve to share it elsewhere...

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0115-zuckerman-secular-parenting-20150115-story.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! When I hear Christians question how nonreligious parents can teach ethics, I always think they are in some way demeaning themselves. What I mean is that it sounds like they think their kids only do the right thing because otherwise God is watching and will punish them, and not because their kids have have empathy and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this last week, great article. I despise the notion that morality comes from the Christian God. Such a bogus mindset.

    - Michael

    ReplyDelete

I like comments even more than chocolate... so leave me some!